Fantasy Springs is opening June 6th 2024

One time (Pan) he waited 35 min, the other times 10-15 min.
Thanks! That's very doable. I'm guessing as time goes on, they'll release more Standby Passes and the wait times will creep up to 60 to 90+ minutes since that's not considered a long wait for other rides in the parks (e.g. Soarin', Beauty and the Beast, etc).

If they're only 10-15 minutes when we visit later this year, we will be very happy (IF we can get a PA or SP to gain entry of course).

Once in with beverage ticket, can you make a food order?
I don't see why not. Once you're in, it's a regular register. They wouldn't have any way of knowing you never had a mobile order. And the register has the normal menus. I always went to the register after grabbing my mobile ordered food but you could certainly head there first and grab your mobile order after for all they know.

I'm guessing as time goes on, they'll release more Standby Passes and the wait times will creep up to 60 to 90+ minutes since that's not considered a long wait for other rides in the parks (e.g. Soarin', Beauty and the Beast, etc).
That's exactly what happened on day 2. The wait times in the morning until 11 were only 5-10 minutes standby. Suddenly around 11, the standby passes all started returning immediate times (had been returning afternoon times prior, since I was watching them trying to wait it out to grab late evening times). So by afternoon/evening the standby times were much longer. It'll be interesting if they continue to increase standby capacity or they keep it at around an hour or less which does give people the chance to get all of them done in one day. If standby lines creep up to two hours I can't imagine as many people would try to do all of them, as that's a lot of time in line (some still will, of course, it's Japan!)

Now it’s Attractions 360’s turn in Fantasy Springs. They do a lot of POV vids so I’d expect them to post recordings of the FS rides eventually.

Also sounds like they went in as non-hotel guests, got a standby and DPA to start.

IMG_4776.jpeg

I officially made it home, my FS journey is complete! I started going through photos and deleting stuff 11 hour flight without WiFi and I didn’t even watch any TV, just went through photos the entire time, phew. It was not without drama, we hit rough turbulence early on (the butt flying out of seat after a rollercoaster drop but constant for over 20 minutes) and people were screaming and having panic attacks and throwing up everywhere. I think more than half the plane did judging by the lack of barf bags I saw as I got off. The person next to me, behind me, and in front of me all did. Somehow I made it through it but the FAs couldn’t get out of their seats to help for a while so it was not a fun time. Then someone had a medical emergency as a result and they luckily found a doctor on board. Glad to be off that plane and home!
Wait, what day was that? Please include details in your TR.

Now it’s Attractions 360’s turn in Fantasy Springs. They do a lot of POV vids so I’d expect them to post recordings of the FS rides eventually.

Also sounds like they went in as non-hotel guests, got a standby and DPA to start.

View attachment 867109
Quick update on this: looks like they weren't able to get the other two rides. Curious about what happened but they kept an eye on openings throughout the day and had no luck.

Quick update on this: looks like they weren't able to get the other two rides. Curious about what happened but they kept an eye on openings throughout the day and had no luck.

They had a normal day. If you're arriving between 5:30 and 6AM, getting a Standby Pass for Frozen and a DPA for Rapunzel or Peter Pan should be considered a success. In fact, I wouldn't even consider those guaranteed unless you were arriving closer to 5AM although Standby Pass seems to be getting less competitive.

June 8 and particularly June 7 were anomalies compared to DisneySea's regular crowd patterns. Until there's more days like those, I wouldn't expect to replicate anyone's experience from either of these days.

They had a normal day. If you're arriving between 5:30 and 6AM, getting a Standby Pass for Frozen and a DPA for Rapunzel or Peter Pan should be considered a success. In fact, I wouldn't even consider those guaranteed unless you were arriving closer to 5AM although Standby Pass seems to be getting less competitive.

June 8 and particularly June 7 were anomalies compared to DisneySea's regular crowd patterns. Until there's more days like those, I wouldn't expect to replicate anyone's experience from either of these days.
So is it generally just busier on weekdays? That's partially what I've been trying to figure out, I thought I might be in good shape since I'll be visiting in November and on a weekday. TBH if I only end up with two I'd probably be fine with it.

I am a bit surprised with these guys, this is kind of their entire job and their focus is ride vids so you'd think THEY of all people would want to book the hotel to make sure they had the best chance of hitting everything. They just posted another couple of tweets complaining about how wait times were low for standby and they think they should have let more people in.

So is it generally just busier on weekdays? That's partially what I've been trying to figure out, I thought I might be in good shape since I'll be visiting in November and on a weekday. TBH if I only end up with two I'd probably be fine with it.
It's generally just "busier" period. The standby wait times for rides which have been open for years are still commonly 2+ hours.

I'd keep an eye on trip reports closer to November. We're going in October and have no idea what to expect based on early reports. I would expect that Tokyo Disney will adjust the release of paid Premier Access tickets and free Standby Passes once they have a better idea about how Fantasy Springs is operating, what people are prioritising and doing, how much time they're spending in the area, etc. We'll be travelling with our 3 year old, so we will NOT be in line at 5-6am - more like 7 to 7:30am.

I am a bit surprised with these guys, this is kind of their entire job and their focus is ride vids so you'd think THEY of all people would want to book the hotel to make sure they had the best chance of hitting everything. They just posted another couple of tweets complaining about how wait times were low for standby and they think they should have let more people in.

If they had 2 days in the park, then they can do the other 2 rides on a different day. And with more than one person, they could have split up to cover it if it was important to them.

There simply isn't enough information yet to know which days would be busier or less busy. But most likely, it'll be easier to get on the rides in November. Whether that translates into being able to get more than one DPA and one Standby Pass per day is yet to be seen. Between May 28 and June 6, someone arriving at 5:45 AM would almost certainly have failed to get a Standby Pass for Frozen so it's becoming easier to get on that ride without arriving super early.

If they had 2 days in the park, then they can do the other 2 rides on a different day. And with more than one person, they could have split up to cover it if it was important to them.

There simply isn't enough information yet to know which days would be busier or less busy. But most likely, it'll be easier to get on the rides in November. Whether that translates into being able to get more than one DPA and one Standby Pass per day is yet to be seen. Between May 28 and June 6, someone arriving at 5:45 AM would almost certainly have failed to get a Standby Pass for Frozen so it's becoming easier to get on that ride without arriving super early.
They're there again today so we'll see what happens. Based on their footage so far it looks like one of them does video and the other does photo so they probably don't want to want to split.

RE: the bolded, I was curious in general, I thought it was interesting that Chris was able to do so much and these guys had more trouble on a Monday, thought there might be something I didn't know about weekday busyness (saw someone else mention that Monday is occasionally an off-day for local kids but who knows).

June 7 (Friday) was the Sanno Festival in Tokyo, so that probably kept crowds down. It's not a good day to compare against.

I do wonder how many folk will be going and paying the premium for the VP as currently structured come our time in January. Two more months to find out.

The price premium paid is so significant while booking a regular room can save $500+ dollars on a 2 night even when staying at FS hotels and buying the FS passport. with Happy 15, really doesn't appear to be a real risk of NOT riding all 4 rides at least once if 2days at Disney seas -- saving on that $100 premium on the passport itself. ---unless you really want to ride it unlimited of course.

They're there again today so we'll see what happens. Based on their footage so far it looks like one of them does video and the other does photo so they probably don't want to want to split.

RE: the bolded, I was curious in general, I thought it was interesting that Chris was able to do so much and these guys had more trouble on a Monday, thought there might be something I didn't know about weekday busyness (saw someone else mention that Monday is occasionally an off-day for local kids but who knows).

Data points from Saturday June 1 suggest that Standby Pass for Frozen and all DPA were completely gone by around 8:20 so it was more competitive than Monday May 28. I highly doubt anyone arriving later than 5:30 AM would have had a chance on that Saturday.

Other than Chris going on perhaps the 2nd easiest day since proper previews started on May 28, it seems like he hasn't shared what he got on opening day. If you just focus on one person's success and don't have complete data on the times they were not successful, then you get a biased view based on what's possible rather than what's likely.

People were absolutely scared to go in the first few days since they were afraid of not getting into Fantasy Springs which likely led to the extremely low crowds on June 7 and 8. Crowds on June 7 were a "once every 5 years" level of anomaly for a day without a blizzard or typhoon so it's not something that can be explained away by a simple festival. The crowd weakness extended to Saturday to an extent but even then, I'd say that Chris got lucky. I haven't seen a single report of anyone getting 4 Standby Passes on any day other than June 7 and 8 despite following Japanese people on Twitter who drive to the park almost every day in order to arrive earlier than public transit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter