Future Trends for VGC resale?

My take is similar to the others that have replied. I think that VDH will drag down VGC but that the gap will be MUCH larger than you are anticipating. I see VDH resale long term in the AKV-BLT range. The resale restrictions make it a single resort contract, and the location is significantly worse in that it makes hotels on Harbor and Katella reasonable comparison points (except for @AstroBlasters who would NEVER 😉), even if there are elements of VDH that are substantially better.

I think VGC dipping into the very high 100s while we have this glut of contracts is possible as the worst case scenario, but I think if it does, the glut of contracts will clear up very quickly. I think an $80-$100 per point gap between the resorts is very possible, but I also think the existence of VDH contracts precludes VGC from ever being 60% more than any other DVC resort again.
Guess I'm not that bearish on the DVC market. I think the west coast market will always carry a premium over the east coast due to only having 2 resorts and likely only ever having 3 in the near future. Disneyland has way more outside pressure from all sides with many of them technically being closer than the Disneyland Hotel. Yet Disney still fills them at premium prices nearly as high as the luxury resorts in Florida. Apparently they have no issue filling the Pixar hotel at like 700-800 a night. This essentially translates over to the DVC side and thats why VGC is such an anomaly. I think VDH will come along with it too.

Doesn't matter that the Westin is literally half the price. Wife has to be in the bubble so we stay in the bubble.

the tropical grounds of the DisneyIand hotel are nice, pool edges out the Grand, and I like Trader Sam's
Just wanted to say, yes I agree, I LOVE the Tropical vibe over there. It still has that 50's Tiki feel even though most of that is gone now.

My take is similar to the others that have replied. I think that VDH will drag down VGC but that the gap will be MUCH larger than you are anticipating. I see VDH resale long term in the AKV-BLT range. The resale restrictions make it a single resort contract, and the location is significantly worse in that it makes hotels on Harbor and Katella reasonable comparison points (except for @AstroBlasters who would NEVER 😉), even if there are elements of VDH that are substantially better.

I think VGC dipping into the very high 100s while we have this glut of contracts is possible as the worst case scenario, but I think if it does, the glut of contracts will clear up very quickly. I think an $80-$100 per point gap between the resorts is very possible, but I also think the existence of VDH contracts precludes VGC from ever being 60% more than any other DVC resort again.
Early 2020 we had several rofr take between 170-185 for vgc. I would be surprised to see sub200s again after 4 years and inflation.

Isn't that crazy? With a spread 60$+ it flies off the shelf in minutes.
I am one of those crazy people who tried to buy it last Friday after reading there were 45 points available. I think small contracts are unlikely to drop below $200 again, but I think many of us who would be happy to pay $300 for 50-100 points would balk at spending even $250 for 300+ points. I think sticker shock will probably continue to drag the very large contracts down.

My brain is afraid to calculate 170 x $310. 🤪
Ha! We wanted our UY and a set amount of points. The delta on resale vs direct proportionately is smaller than other DVC properties. But honestly it came down to we wanted to own at VGC and it was the contract we were looking for. Again mental gymnastics for the win.

It was a great feeling to book our upcoming VGC trip at 11 months and not having to worry about availability at 7 months.

Ha! We wanted our UY and a set amount of points. The delta on resale vs direct proportionately is smaller than other DVC properties. But honestly it came down to we wanted to own at VGC and it was the contract we were looking for. Again mental gymnastics for the win.

It was a great feeling to book our upcoming VGC trip at 11 months and not having to worry about availability at 7 months.
Or wait for the months long resale slog….. and if they build something else fabulous with DLFwd…. you will be good to go!

Was 170 all they had and was that the exact amount you were looking for?
Could you have bought less (direct, so I assume so)?
It was all they had and we were looking for around 175. If we were getting via resale, we would have been looking at 160-200 size contracts. I assume we could have bought less but didn’t ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter