Just added on 300 pts at OKW direct with Disney at $135 per point thru 2057. Added magical beginnings and that reduced the price to $115 per point.

By the way I peeked through all the WDW resorts and unsurprisingly I think, Disney reacquired Riviera the most, followed by CCV, VGF, SSR, AKV, and OKW.

So the three most recently in active sales followed by the three largest, albeit out of order. Some of this is ROFR, but mostly there’s a whole lotta foreclosin goin on. Although these numbers are much lower than when I did this during the pandemic.
Thank you for looking through the data! It does appear that Disney is (somehow!) selling BCV and BWV points direct at a faster clip than it’s acquiring them…so there’s no reason for them to flash/fire sale them which would only drag down RIV/Poly/CFW sales (not sure it’s possible to drag down CFW sales, tbh). If they are sitting on premium resort points, they could consider throwing in a discount like “Buy 500 RIV points without incentives and we’ll throw in 50 BWV points for free.”

I think (absent a weak economy) Disney is incentivized to keep major discounts few and far between….if you can get a smoking deal every six months, it will be extremely hard to convince people to open their wallet at/above $200, which appears to be what they are trying to do.

By the way I peeked through all the WDW resorts and unsurprisingly I think, Disney reacquired Riviera the most, followed by CCV, VGF, SSR, AKV, and OKW.

So the three most recently in active sales followed by the three largest, albeit out of order. Some of this is ROFR, but mostly there’s a whole lotta foreclosin goin on. Although these numbers are much lower than when I did this during the pandemic.
I am very curious if this is mostly due to nonpayment of dues, or nonpayment of mortgages on timeshares. If the second, I then am wondering how often these are financed.

I am very curious if this is mostly due to nonpayment of dues, or nonpayment of mortgages on timeshares. If the second, I then am wondering how often these are financed.
So (other than ROFR), it’s mostly going to be outright surrenders or non-payment of dues. Disney acquiring a contract for non-payment of a loan is increasingly rare, but perhaps not for the reason you’d expect.

If you don’t pay DVC your annual dues, they can (eventually) just foreclose your contract and take it. Often they will just ask for it in lieu of foreclosing and people will give it since the credit impact is different.

If you don’t pay your loan, the contract will wind up at a public auction, like a repossessed car would. It used to be that Disney lowballed most of these contracts and won them back for cheap. Nowadays more people are bidding against Disney, and Disney isn’t getting nearly as many contracts back that way anymore.

If you don’t pay either, it goes the loan/auction route, and whoever wins the contract is required to pay the back dues for Disney to load the points!

So (other than ROFR), it’s mostly going to be outright surrenders or non-payment of dues. Disney acquiring a contract for non-payment of a loan is increasingly rare, but perhaps not for the reason you’d expect.

If you don’t pay DVC your annual dues, they can (eventually) just foreclose your contract and take it. Often they will just ask for it in lieu of foreclosing and people will give it since the credit impact is different.

If you don’t pay your loan, the contract will wind up at a public auction, like a repossessed car would. It used to be that Disney lowballed most of these contracts and won them back for cheap. Nowadays more people are bidding against Disney, and Disney isn’t getting nearly as many contracts back that way anymore.

If you don’t pay either, it goes the loan/auction route, and whoever wins the contract is required to pay the back dues for Disney to load the points!
I had no idea you could buy resale DVC at public auction. That’s a new way to obtain cheap points!🤣

Whoa, cool. How do we find these public auctions?

Whoa, cool. How do we find these public auctions?
Post 10 here had a link; I’m not sure if it’s still right:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/b...tings-going-to-auction-in-march-2019.3732551/

DVCnews did an article about it a long time ago which covers some of the basics, but some things have changed as well. I played around with buying a contract this way for a while but I haven’t kept up to date on it the last few years, so I’m not the best person to advise!

https://www.dvcnews.com/dvc-program...00-winning-a-dvc-deed-via-public-foreclosure-

Most important thing to know is that if you win you become legally responsible for whatever back-payments the contract owes to Disney, and unless something has changed, you won’t know how much that is ahead of time!

They also generally sell above $110 (BWV) and $130 (BCV) unless they are stripped. When Disney sells them they need to add the previous UY points…so hard to imagine they could have a “flash sale” below $175/200 and make much of a profit.

DVD can’t add points back if a contract is stripped. If they have other points in stock in that unit already in the current UY then y can repackage but if not, then those points don’t allow a sale.

For example, if the contract is 200 points for Unit 1, but the 2024 and 2025 points are gone, then all that goes into the bucket for Unit 1 are 200 points for 2026 and beyond

If they don’t have any 2024 and 2025 points in the Unit 1 bucket, they can’t sell those points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter