Disney Genie announcement

Disturbia

Happily Ever After
Kyle Pallo’s video is great. He is going through options. He goes through how remove people while booking

He confirmed youcan choose your time for LLIA$ (SDMT) and he shows the screenshots

He also cancelled Mad Tea party that conflicted and booked something else. He says it’s better to book Genie+ it’s next available but if it’s not a busy day and attractions are walk ons it’s a waste of time to book Genie+, it’s better to start noon onwards (do book LLIA$ for later).

Last edited:

jujubiee4

DIS Veteran
Seems like there will a lot of judgement calls going to use it? Crowd level? Better standby
or purchase? Wait times accurate? Grab the time now or refresh until better available?

Looking at a couple of videos today I see a lot of people in background looking at their phone.
Reminds me of when I'm at the airport.

CravesDisney

Earning My Ears
If LL fills up within seconds, Disney needs to...raise prices. I know Disney is getting flak for adding a monetary aspect to single rides, and I get it, but I think it is a pretty savvy move - it functions like a market should. If demand outpaces supply, prices rise until demand cools.

Raise prices until LL does not fill up. If you don't want to do LL, go to standby. Fluctuating LL prices will accommodate those who wish to pay more or those who prefer to either rope drop the ride or are willing to wait out stand by lines.

I wish WDW would be willing to charge MORE for LL instead of capping the price. Oh, and G+ shouldn't exist. Go pure a la carte LL for everything. Let us decide what we will pay.

This will get negative feedback, I'm sure, but it's the only way to make sure there is enough availability for LL. This lack of the monetary component is why virtual queue was garbage and didn't work.

Disturbia

Happily Ever After
Hey do you have to pay for figment lighting lane or is it free? Do you only have to pay for the popular rides?
Free Genie only gives you suggestions for example, SDMT is usually 90 mins but right now go and wait 60 mins; Genie+ ($15 per person per day) gives you access to one pass (fast lightening lane) next available but not the most popular. The most popular ones are extra ($7-$15; can only book 2 per day).

you can buy just genie+ OR just LLIA$ (2 most popular rides in each park) or buy both or a combo

• MJJME

Mouseketeer
    I was with you from the start!
    You both deserve the heat! The cost is insane!

“yeah I would love to pay $1,295 more for my family of 5 for 7 day for a vacation today that I got for free for the last several years!” said nobody ever……….until now.

This system isn’t better than FP+. Let’s assume you do think it’s better than FP+, is it $1,295 better? No way Jose

Then take into account DL, they could add Maxpass on to their AP and now they can’t.

this system blows.

Last edited:

CravesDisney

Earning My Ears
    If LL fills up within seconds, Disney needs to...raise prices. I know Disney is getting flak for adding a monetary aspect to single rides, and I get it, but I think it is a pretty savvy move - it functions like a market should. If demand outpaces supply, prices rise until demand cools.

Raise prices until LL does not fill up. If you don't want to do LL, go to standby. Fluctuating LL prices will accommodate those who wish to pay more or those who prefer to either rope drop the ride or are willing to wait out stand by lines.

I wish WDW would be willing to charge MORE for LL instead of capping the price. Oh, and G+ shouldn't exist. Go pure a la carte LL for everything. Let us decide what we will pay.

This will get negative feedback, I'm sure, but it's the only way to make sure there is enough availability for LL. This lack of the monetary component is why virtual queue was garbage and didn't work.

zebrastreyepz

DIS Veteran

So you suggest paying the entry fee PLUS now paying a la carte like when we used ticket books (Yes, I'm old enough to remember those days)?

• PaladinButters

Still wants the redhead!
    Within seconds.
    Oh no. Imagine paying the money and still not getting a pass for your kids favorite.

If LL fills up within seconds, Disney needs to...raise prices
    Or switch up the rides. Looks like SDD is the one they should be charging for.

**edit - I mean charging individually for, obviously, before somebody points out you have to pay for everything. 😊😊

CravesDisney

Earning My Ears
    So you suggest paying the entry fee PLUS now paying a la carte like when we used ticket books (Yes, I'm old enough to remember those days)?
    Absolutely. The price is what people will pay for it. The price is what the price is.

To clarify, I do not think they should charge to get on a ride, but for the speed that LL provides.

AnnaKristoff2013

DIS Veteran
    Oh no. Imagine paying the money and still not getting a pass for your kids favorite.

Or switch up the rides. Looks like SDD is the one they should be charging for.

**edit - I mean charging individually for, obviously, before somebody points out you have to pay for everything. 😊😊
    If SDD I was ILL$ then nobody would buy Genie+ on their HS day. There’s a reason SDD is on Genie+.

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran

Why do that, just charge 50 bucks a ride and no admission. That seems fair. They do it this way because you allready paid to go in. On that note make a ticket 1000 and you will have less people go. But the whole point of disney isnt who can outspend who. Its was created as a way for families to enjoy a day together. Not just rich families. If you want to pay more and get more out of it with less wait book a private tour. That way you skip over all the lines.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES