Flu Shot

Christine

DIS Veteran
I got my flu shot about a week and a half ago. Sore arm, as usual, then the next day I had a mild fever (99.9) for a few hours, then the next day all was well. Going to get my COVID booster tomorrow so we shall see. I had no side effects from it last time.

luvmarypoppins

<font color=darkorchid>I am debating whether to pu
Dh and I are going Saturday. CVS said all appointments for the week were booked and Friday they would get a new vaccine shipment in.
Guess we will wait a couple weeks for the covid booster.

easyas123

DIS Veteran
Getting my second ever flu shot (first was last year) along w/ my booster tomorrow afternoon. Had no reaction to either the first flu shot or either of the two Covid shots, so I'm hoping that stays true this time.

DisneyJamieCA

DIS Veteran
Dh and I are going Saturday. CVS said all appointments for the week were booked and Friday they would get a new vaccine shipment in.
Guess we will wait a couple weeks for the covid booster.
If you want to separate them out that’s great, but there is no rule about not getting them together. A lot of places are offering it that way. That said, I don’t blame you if you don’t want to do them together.

• LuvOrlando

DIS Veteran
    I got my Covid booster last Wednesday (mild fever and achiness). I got my flu shot yesterday(no reaction).
    Thanks for saying!
    Just now I made an appointment for my third shot this weekend and was just thinking how comforting it was to read about how well other people did with 1st & 2nd so I was missing the positive feedback loop. Never changes the outcome but calms the nerves.

• mickeyboat

<font color=660099>Nothing like the cream and choc
    Got my flu shot this morning. My arm is a tiny bit sore.

Going to get my COVID booster as soon as it is available to me. I got J&J the first time around, so I think I will mix and match with Moderna or Pfizer as soon as I can.

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie :-)
    I never get a flu shot and I can confidently say that I’ve never had the flu. Outside of a sinus infection a few years ago, I couldn’t tell you the last time I was sick with anything. My DD18 is always telling me how unfair it is - LOL! I don’t even remember the last time I’ve had a cold. I did get the COVID vaccine though - I didn’t want to test my luck with COVID :sad2:

emily nicole

DIS Veteran
    I'll be getting mine reluctantly. The last 2 years (in different arms) my arm became so stiff and painful that I had difficulty raising it above my head for a month or so. Taking off shirts hurt badly enough that I had to bite down on something. Not looking forward to it if that happens again. Strangely, the covid vaccines only gave me mild soreness.

mom2rtk

Invented the term "Characterpalooza"
    I'll be getting mine reluctantly. The last 2 years (in different arms) my arm became so stiff and painful that I had difficulty raising it above my head for a month or so. Taking off shirts hurt badly enough that I had to bite down on something. Not looking forward to it if that happens again. Strangely, the covid vaccines only gave me mild soreness.
    Yikes! That would put me off too. I've struggled with frozen shoulder issues the last couple of years so getting any shot is daunting to me. I was so relieved that my flu shot just made it slightly sore until the next day.

Connect

TODAY'S HEADLINES