Just about 4 months and counting...no sellers paperwork:(

Joined
May 12, 2018
So about a month or so ago I posted about my frustration with my resale purchase. I made an offer that was accepted 7/26, passed ROFR 8/25 and sent my funds to the agent which was received 9/2. I have been waiting since then for the sellers to send their fully signed and notarized docs since then. The original closing was supposed to be 9/29. I have been in contact with both the agent and title company multiple times to address the delay. First my sellers were “out of town” then they had problems finding a notary (any bank has one), then I find out that they owed back dues (apparently were going to pay this 3 weeks ago), had misrepresented the amount of points that were currently available ( I guess this will be in my favor if we ever close— there are more available than they had stated) So I guess I just needed to vent and ask what you would do. The price was pretty good but I’m already just about a month out from my original closing and it’s just a ghost town hearing from my agent and title co. Should I just give up and let these people relist? I’m sure they are regretting accepting my offer now.
 

MICKIMINI

Love the Mouse!
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
This is why I don't send funds until the closing company has sellers documents in hand. IMO the best you can do is threaten to pull out if you don't have closing documents by (pick a date).

The sellers probably have to bring money to the table, so you might be right that they want to relist and pay less...but only you can decide how much agony you can take. I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I personally would move on. Good luck with your decision.
 
Last edited:
Joined
May 12, 2018
This is why I don't send funds until he closing company has sellers documents in hand. IMO the best you can do is threaten to pull out if you don't have closing documents by (pick a date).

The sellers probably have to bring money to the table, so you might be right that they want to relist and pay less...but only you can decide how much agony you can take. I'm sorry you are dealing with this. I personally would move on. Good luck with your decision.


Thank you! I really appreciate your input. I agree I am kicking myself for sending the funds. I didn’t have this issue with my last resale,so I guess I blindly just sent it. I figure I may let it ride for another week and then pull the plug.
 

MICKIMINI

Love the Mouse!
Joined
Sep 6, 2003
In the past I have dealt with this (learned the lesson to hold back $) three times. Each time, we did close but I had to threaten to pull out and gave a date...worked each time!
 

Sandisw

DVC Forums
Moderator
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
I would have canceled the sale long ago, once the closing date had passed. There is nothing the title company can do to hurry the sellers along other than contact them and say Let's go. But, ultimately, it is in their hands to get things done and IMO, at this point, I would ask for my money back and start again.

So sorry you are going through this!!
 
Joined
May 12, 2018
I will give it one more shot as far as closing but if it doesn’t happen then I’m out. There’s plenty of contracts and it’s not like I really needed another one but it’s fun to have to add on.
 

Salf777

Mouseketeer
Joined
Jul 30, 2020
I would venture to say that if you request your money back if the sellers are serious about getting it sold they will find a way if not they were probably never going to go thru with it. Also, it may prompt the broker to try and help if the sale is going south.
 

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
Joined
Jan 5, 2000
I agree with above. Give them a short deadline, no more than a week, and if they can’t make it, get your deposit back and move on. You’ve been more than patient enough.
 

jbreen2010

Mouseketeer
Joined
May 19, 2020
So about a month or so ago I posted about my frustration with my resale purchase. I made an offer that was accepted 7/26, passed ROFR 8/25 and sent my funds to the agent which was received 9/2. I have been waiting since then for the sellers to send their fully signed and notarized docs since then. The original closing was supposed to be 9/29. I have been in contact with both the agent and title company multiple times to address the delay. First my sellers were “out of town” then they had problems finding a notary (any bank has one), then I find out that they owed back dues (apparently were going to pay this 3 weeks ago), had misrepresented the amount of points that were currently available ( I guess this will be in my favor if we ever close— there are more available than they had stated) So I guess I just needed to vent and ask what you would do. The price was pretty good but I’m already just about a month out from my original closing and it’s just a ghost town hearing from my agent and title co. Should I just give up and let these people relist? I’m sure they are regretting accepting my offer now.

If your closing date has passed you can just walk away. You can also tell the seller you want $XXXX knocked off of closing for the hassle.
 

Sandisw

DVC Forums
Moderator
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
If your closing date has passed you can just walk away. You can also tell the seller you want $XXXX knocked off of closing for the hassle.

Any change to the terms of the contract would have to go through ROFR again. The only exception is when points go missing from the agreed upon deal. Then the buyer can be reimbursed for not getting what they paid for.
 



NEWS / UPDATES













Top